2020 has – at last – come to an end. The new year brings optimism and good feelings. Many of us believe it can’t get much worse than 2020 and look forward to 2021. But before we move forward, let us look back at the month that just passed. This is the Year-End 2020 Listener Report.
STUNNING GROWTH IN 2020
XRadio began broadcasting in July 2019 and started 2020 with about 2500 total listeners. Throughout the year, XRadio “went commercial”, gained affiliate SIMs in Second Life, added our listing to numerous internet radio directories, gave away land stream changers in Second Life and worked a few charity events on the Second Life grid and outside.
By the end of the year, XRadio saw a 1200% increase in listeners.
2020 LISTENER STATISTICS
63,636 UNIQUE listeners from 173 DIFFERENT countries for a total of 200,031 TOTAL Listeners of 49,767.2 hours tuned into XRadio in 2020!
TOP 10 LISTENER NATIONS
XRadio Top 10 nation-ranking is decided by a metric using Listener Connections and Listener Minutes.
STATISTICS AND PEAKS
83% of listeners are from the Second Life grid. The remaining 17% use other forms outside Second Life to listen to XRadio on their phones, tablets and computers.
This graph not only shows peaks listeners but shows the growth of peak listeners throughout 2020. Peak concurrent listeners for the month was on Saturday, November 21, 2020. On that date, 118 people were tuned into the XRadio stream at the same time across the world.
Mornings are our most popular daypart, according to statistics for the year.
XRadio started off in 2019 as a small community radio station in Second Life. Throughout 2020, we expanded both inside and outside of Second Life exponentially. We thank you for listening and wish you a safe and prosperous 2021!